Under the provisions of the Hazard Communication Standard issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), employers are responsible for informing employees of the hazards and the identities of workplace chemicals to which they are exposed. The standard requires employers to develop a written hazard communication program and provide information and training to employees about the hazards of chemicals found in the workplace.
This Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS) poster was designed to help employers communicate and simplify the employee training and information process. The poster explains or contains:
- Chemical information and the hazards of a product
- Numeric ratings indicating the degree of hazard and alphabetical codes designating appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) employees should wear while handling the material
- A Quick Reference section that provides ample space for your workplace chemicals to be listed and coded
- An Emergency First Aid section
- An Emergency Contact Information section
There are no color options for this poster.
There are no custom options for this poster.